Thursday, September 29, 2011

Books by Jin Robinson

http://madjockpublishers.com/Chaos



http://madjockpublishers.com/Broken



About the Poet: Jin Robinson

Jin Robinson lived most of her life in S. Aftrica. She and her partner, Vanessa, now live in England with their many beloved “furkids.” Although she went through more trials in the first half of her life than most people can even dream of, Ms. Robinson continues to use poetry as way to cope. While her poetry is not the warm and fuzzy stuff people might like it to be, she is able to use this medium for self-expression, including expressing love of the lesbian variety. On the cover of her second published poetry collection, Chaos, Jin writes, “I am a person rich in experience and emotions that take me deeply into life and the lives of those I love. I love music and nature and fun! I am a multi-dimensional MC Escher painting –a bit quirky –a bit of a flirt –a bit of trouble –and a bit topsy turvy –but mostly I am human with a need to share my faults and flaws and qualities and strengths and my visions with others who are trying to be human too.” Although Jin’s poetry is not always easy to read from an emotional standpoint, it is always life-changing. Jin opens the reader’s eyes to another world. One that isn’t as rosy as we might like it to be, but one that is true to what she has experienced. Despite being dyslexic, she writes her truth as a woman with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Her publishing credits include two collections of poetry: Broken, published in 2008 and Chaos, published in 2010.

9 comments:

  1. Not only can I relate to both Jinnies books but it brings back memories of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely marvelous!! You say it for us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jinny, can't seem to post a comment from my laptop, so have used yours while you are out. You have turned into a warm, funny, confident person by working through a lot of pain through your poetry. Congratulations! I love you
    Your Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words can invoke emotions and make you look deep into your soul, We leave a small footprint in this world but jin has placed a large footprint on my heart.
    Keep up the good work xxx

    Rickydicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of Jins books have made me laugh and cry. They not only give you a look, not just a glimpse, into Jins formative years and what has made Jinnie the person that she is today but also gives you a how and a why. I look forward to her next book with anticipation. If you haven't already bought these books then I urge you to do so. Jinnie I am so proud of you, and am proud to be not just your friend but your oldest friend. Wow 40yrs have flown by - get the next one ready cos I am waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic, literally could not put it down. I felt every emotion possible, hurry up with the next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jin shes like the brightest star in the sky lighting everyones lives. well everyone who is lucky enough to know and meet jin which i can say i am one of them...i cant put down in words how amazing her books are!!! but trust me when i say buy them they will make you laugh cry and you sit there and think how can one person go through all this, i will say it takes one very strong person.which jin is through and through.
    so on that note jin please hurry with the next one.
    love you loads xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete